Curriculum Vitae Yanguang Li Soochow University
Soochow University, Institute of Functional Nano and Soft Materials
Rm 3205 Build #909, 199 Ren’ai Rd, Suzhou, Jiangsu 215123, China
9/2005 – 6/2010 Ph.D. in Chemistry, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
9/2001 – 6/2005 B. Sc. in Chemistry, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
9/2013 – present Professor, Soochow University
7/2010 – 7/2013 Postdoctoral Scholar, Department of Chemistry, Stanford University
Our present research focuses on nanoscaled functional materials for sustainable energy applications, which broadly include electrocatalysis, photocatalysis, photoelectrochemistry and advanced batteries. The major goal of my research group is to develop novel strategies and techniques exploiting nanoscale architectures through tailoring their structures, dimensions and chemical interfaces at the molecular level in order to enhance the efficiency of alternative energy conversion and storage devices. We launch interdisciplinary efforts to approach this goal with an emphasis on understanding the basic chemical and physical principles governing nanoscale effects on these important processes. In particular, we are interested at:
- Synthesis and characterization of functional nanomaterials
- Electrolysis: nanomaterials for hydrogen evolution, oxygen reduction, alcohol oxidation, CO2 reduction and N2 reduction
- Energy storage: nanomaterials for sodium-ion batteries and rechargeable metal-air batteries
- Photoelectrochemical and photocatalytic water splitting and CO2 reduction
SELECTED PUBLICATION LIST
Adv. Mater. 2017, 29, 1702061
- Wenjing Huang, Xiaolin Kang, Cheng Xu, Junhua Zhou, Jun Deng, Yanguang Li* and Si Cheng* Two-Dimensional PdAg Alloy Nanodendrites for Enhancecd Ethanol Electroxidation. Adv. Mater. 2017, 30, 1706962.
- Yanguang Li* and Fengjiao Chen Li-S Batteries: Firing for Compactness. Nature Energy 2017, 2, 17096. (invited News and Views)
- Wenjing Huang, Xian-Yin Ma, Han Wang, Renfei Feng, Jigang Zhou, Paul N. Duchesne, Peng Zhang, Na Han, Feipeng Zhao, Junhua Zhou, Wen-Bin Cai* and Yanguang Li* Promoting Effect of Ni(OH)2 on Palladium Nanocrystals Leads to Greatly Improved Operation Durability for Electrocatalytic Ethanol Oxidation in Alkaline Solution. Adv. Mater. 2017, 29, 1703057.
- Junhua Zhou, Lu Wang, Mingye Yang, Jinghua Wu, Fengjiao Chen, Wenjing Huang, Na Han, Hualin Ye, Feipeng Zhao, Youyong Li and Yanguang Li* Hierarchical VS2 Nanosheet Assembies: A Universal Host Material for the Reversible Storage of Alkali Metal Ions. Adv. Mater. 2017, 29, 1702061.
- Na Han, Yu Wang, Lu Ma, Jianguo Wen, Jing Li, Hechuang Zheng, Kaiqi Nie, Xinxia Wang, Feipeng Zhao, Yafei Li*, Jian Fan, Jun Zhong, Tianping Wu, Dean J. Miller, Jun Lu*, Shuit-Tong Lee and Yanguang Li*, Supported Cobalt Polyphthalocyanine for High-Performance Electrocataltyic CO2 Reduction. Chem 2017, 3, 652-664.
- Jinghua Wu, Yang Huang, Wen Ye and Yanguang Li* CO2 Reduction:From the Electrochemical to Photochemical Approach. Adv. Sci. 2017, 4, 1700194.
- Feipeng Zhao, Sida Shen, Liang Cheng, Ma Lu, Junhua Zhou, Hualin Ye, Na Han, Tianpin Wu, Yanguang Li* and Jun Lu* Improved Sodium-Ion Storage Performance of Ultrasmall Iron Selenide Nanoparticles. Nano Lett. 2017, 17, 4137-4142.
- Fengjiao Chen, Wei Cui, Jie Zhang, Yeyun Wang, Junhua Zhou, Yongpan Hu, Yanguang Li* and Shuit-Tong LeePhotoelectroreduction toward Building-Block Chemicals. Angew. Chem. 2017, 129, 7287-7291.
- Biwei Wang, Xinxia Wang, Jinxiang Zou, Yancui Yan, Songhai Xie, Guangzhi Hu, Yanguang Li* and Angang Dong* Simple-Cubic Carbon Frameworks with Atomically Dispersed Iron Dopants toward High-Efficiency Oxygen Reduction. Nano Lett.2017, 17, 2003-2009.
- Yiling Liu, Fengjiao Chen, Wen Ye, Min Zeng, Na Han, Feipeng Zhao, Xinxia Wang and Yanguang Li* High-Performance Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalyst Derived from Polydopamine and Cobalt Supported on Carbon Nanotubes for Metal-Air Batteries. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2017, 27, 1606034.
- Yang Huang, Qiufang Gong, Xuening Song, Kun Feng, Kaiqi Nie, Feipeng Zhao, Yeyun Wang, Min Zeng, Jun Zhong and Yanguang Li* Mo2C Nanoparticles Dispersed on Hierarchical Carbon Microflowers for Efficient Electrocatalytic Hydrogen Evolution. ACS Nano2016, 10, 11337-11343.
- Hualin Ye, Lu Wang, Shuo Deng, Xiaoqiao Zeng, Kaiqi Nie, Paul N. Duchesne, Bo Wang, Simon Liu, Junhua Zhou, Feipeng Zhao, Na Han, Peng Zhang, Jun Zhong, Xuhui Sun, Youyong Li, Yanguang Li* and Jun Lu*, Amorphous MoS3 Infiltrated with Carbon Nanotubes as an Advanced Anode Material of Sodium-Ion Batteries with Large Gravimetric, Areal and Volumetric Capacities. Adv. Energy. Mater. 2017, 7, 1601602.
- Qiufang Gong, Yu Wang, Qi Hu, Jigang Zhou, Renfei Feng, Paul N. Duchesne, Peng Zhang, Fengjiao Chen, Na Han, Yafei Li, Chuanhong Jin, Yanguang Li* and Shuit-Tong Lee, Sub-3 nm Phase-Pure W2C Particles for Efficient Electrocatalytic and Photoelectrochemical Hydrogen Evolution. Nature Commun.2016, 7, 1326.
- Yuping Liu, Xiaoyun He, Damien Hanlon, Andrew Harvey, Jonathan N. Coleman* and Yanguang Li*, Liquid Phase Exfoliated MoS2 Nanosheets Percolated with Carbon Nanotubes for High Volumetric/Areal Capacity Sodium-Ion Batteries. ACS Nano 2016, 10, 8821–8828.
- Min Zeng, Yiling Liu, Feipeng Zhao, Kaiqi Nie, Na Han, Xinxia Wang, Wenjing Huang, Xuening Song and Yanguang Li*, Metallic Cobalt Nanoparticles Encapsulated in Nitrogen-Enriched Graphene Shells: Its Bifunctional Electrocatalysis and Application in Zinc-Air Batteries. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2016, 26, 4397-4404.
- Yuping Liu, Lily He, Damien Hanlon, Andrew Harvey, Umar Khan, Yanguang Li* and Jonathan Coleman*, Electrical, Mechanical and Capacity Percolation Leads to High Performance MoS2/SWNT Composite Lithium Ion Battery Electrodes. ACS Nano 2016, 10, 5980-5990.
- Wenjing Huang, Hongtao Wang, Jigang Zhou, Jian Wang, Paul N. Duchesne, David Muir, Peng Zhang, Na Han, Feipeng Zhao, Min Zeng, Jun Zhong, Chuanhong Jin, Yanguang Li*, Shuit-Tong Lee and Hongjie Dai, A Highly Active and Ultra-Durable Methanol Oxidation Electrocatalyst Based on the Synergy of Pt-Ni(OH)2-Graphene. Nature Commun.2015, 6, 10035.
- Yuping Liu, Hongtao Wang, Liang Cheng, Na Han, Feipeng Zhao, Peirong Li, Chuanhong Jin and Yanguang Li*, TiS2 Nanoplates: A High-Rate and Stable Electrode Material for Sodium Ion Batteries, Nano Energy, 2016, 20, 168–175.
- Min Zeng and Yanguang Li*, Recent Advances in Heterogeneous Electrocatalysts for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction, J. Mater. Chem. A 2015, 3, 14942-14962.
- Qiufang Gong, Liang Cheng, Changhai Liu, Mei Zhang, Qingliang Feng, Hualin Ye, Min Zeng, Liming Xie, Zhuang Liu* and Yanguang Li*, Tuning the Chemical Composition of Ultrathin MoS2(1-x)Se2x Nanoflakes Toward Optimal Electrocatalytic Activity for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction, ACS Catal.2015, 5, 2213-2219.
- Yu Zhou, Bing Wang, Changhai Liu, Na Han, Xiaona Xu, Feipeng Zhao, Jian Fan* and Yanguang Li*, Polyanthraquinone-Based Electrode Material Capable of High-Performance Pseudocapacitive Energy Storage in Aprotic Electrolyte, Nano Energy2015, 15, 654-661.
- Liang Cheng, Wenjing Huang, Qiufang Gong, Changhai Liu, Zhuang Liu*, Yanguang Li* and Hongjie Dai, Ultrathin WS2 Nanoflakes as a High‐Performance Electrocatalyst for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 30, 7860-7863.
- Yanguang Li* and Hongjie Dai*, Recent Advances in Zinc–Air Batteries, Chem. Soc. Rev.2014, 43, 5257-5275.