People & Culture Advisor(Projects)
People and Culture
Employment Relations Manager
Bipers Class, Grade:/
Class 54, grade 10
Motor Vehicle Provided:/
Pool vehicle available for work purposes if required
Working with Children Clearance
yourtown is a charity with services young people can access to find jobs, learn skills, become great parents and live safer, happier lives.
Our mission is to enable young people, especially those who are marginalised and without voice, to improve their quality of life.
yourtownis a national child safe organisation employing a diverse workforce across Australia.
All employees are to ensure their performance and behaviour does not detract from the principles of yourtown’s mission and values, and those contained in the National Framework for Child-Safe Organisations.
Purpose of the Position:
The People & CultureAdvisor project manages key departmental projects and supports the research and implementation of People and Culture initiatives.
Collaborating closely withleaders across the business and the People & Culture team, the Advisor is responsible for coordinating all major projects and People & Culture initiatives through:
- Researching best practice across Human Resources and Industry
- Gathering, analysing, and interpreting metrics and forming evidence based recommendations
- Interpreting of a broad range of Industrial Instruments including but not limited to the Fair Work Act, Enterprise Agreement, Modern Awards, Work Health & Safety Legislation, and related organisational frameworks.
- Effectively liaising with all relevant stakeholders (internal and external) and gaining commitment to key projects and change requirements
- Applying broad project management and change management principles including planning, design, implementation, monitoring and review
- Designing and implementing system workflows with the end-user in mind
- Developing written and digital resources that are purposeful and targeted to a broad range of audiences.
Advisors will ensure their performance is aligned with organisational expectations including:
- Ensuring yourtown values and behaviours are integrated into all People & Culture initiatives
- Maintainingcurrency of knowledge with regards to relevant legislation, professional practice and emerging trends to ensure advice is current and effective
- Demonstrating an understanding of and meeting the requirements of the position and all performance expectations, includingalignment with yourtown’sOrganisational Performance System processes.
- Participating in other duties as may be required in order to achieve efficient and effective service.
- Degree qualification in Human Resource Management, Business Management, Psychology, or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of four to six years of relevant experience in an advisory and/or project management capacity with a Human Resources focus
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing HR strategies that successfully achieve desired outcomes
- Demonstrated understanding of the compliance, legal and industrial relations framework within which yourtown operates
- Highly developed organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise, exercise critical decision making,manage customer expectations and meet multiple and competing deadlines.
- Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to actively listen, build rapport, and effectively communicate across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically, analyse complex situations and data, develop creative, evidence-based solutions that achieve organisational objectives.
- Demonstrated high level professional writing skills with the ability to prepare formal and legal communications, reports, and submissions.
- Demonstrated professional presentation skills.
The successful applicant must at all times:
- Comply with the relevant state or territory requirements for working with children
- Possess an unrestricted current Driver’s Licence
- Demonstrate professional conduct, behaviour and communication that is in line with yourtown’s Values and Core Behaviours.
- From time to time you will be required to assist in other locations. You will also be required to travel intrastate, or interstate, as required.
- Maintaining confidentiality and discretion in all matters.
Head of People and Culture / Signature / Date
Employee’s Name / Signature / Date
(In signing and reading this position description, I understand and acknowledge its contents)
Date Position Description last reviewed: December 2017
Page 1 of 3