Council Minutes 19 March 2012
29.2Purchase Of Land At Mount Compass (Confidential)
That pursuant to Sections 90 (2) and (3) (b) (i) of the Local Government Act 1999, the Council orders that the public be excluded from the meeting with the exception of the Chief Executive, Governance Officer, General Managers, Minute Taker and the officer responsible for the report, on the basis that the Council considers it necessary and appropriate to act in a manner closed to the public in order to receive, discuss and consider information by way of a report and associated documents in relation to agenda item 29.2 Purchase of Land at Mount Compass (Confidential) and the Council is satisfied that the meeting should be conducted in a place open to the public is outweighed in relation to the matter because receiving, considering and discussing the report and associated documentation contains/involves:
d) commercial information of a confidential nature (not being a trade secret) the disclosure of which
(i) could reasonably be expected to prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied the information, or to confer a commercial advantage on a third party’ and
(ii) would, on balance, be contrary to the public interest.
ACS1251Moved Cr Gartrell seconded Cr Featherston:
- That Council authorises the purchase of part lot 18 CT 6059/508 Berry Road, Mt Compass from Springvale Estates Pty Ltd subject to the successful creation of a unique title under the Development Act 1993.
- That the General Manager Infrastructure Planning & Design issues a 'letter of offer to purchase' the allotment to Springvale Estates Pty Ltd subject to the successful creation of the additional title under the Development Act 1993.
- That Council authorises the Mayor and Chief Executive to sign and seal all documentation associated with the creation of the additional title (including related easements and rights of way) and purchase of land from Springvale Estates Pty Ltd.
- That the subject land be excluded from Community Land classification.
- That pursuant to Sections 91 (7) and (9) of the Local Government Act 1999, the Council orders that the minutes of the Council meeting held on 19 March 2012 in relation to confidential item 29.2 and titled 'Purchase of Land at Mount Compass (Confidential)' and the information by way of a report and any associated attachments thereto remain confidential and are not available for public inspection for a period of twelve (12) months or a lesser period as determined by the Chief Executive.